Dec 20, 2006

my Christmas card to you, Gentle Reader.

was singing this today on the way to work. made me cry. but, there's not much that doesn't make me cry lately. stress? perhaps.

the digression train has pulled in the station. again.

but i love this song. the lyrics are so powerful, yet simple. so picture me, belting songs out at the top of my lungs, and sobbing like a fiend.

so...from the soundtrack of "Wicked", to you. my thanks for hanging with me this year, and let's do it all again next year. whaddya say?
"For Good"
I've hear it said
that people come into our lives, for a reason
bringing something we must learn
and we are led
to those who help us most to grow
if we let them
and we help them in return.
Well, i don't know if i believe that's true,
but i know i'm who i am today, because i knew you...
Like a comet pulled from orbit, as it passes a sun
like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the wood -
Who can say, if i've been changed for the better?
But because i knew you
i have been changed for good.,
Well it may be
that we may never meet again in this lifetime
so let me say before we part
so much of me
is made of what i learned from you
you'll be with me
like a handprint on my heart.
And now whatever way our stories end
i know you have rewritten mine
from being my friend
Like a ship blown from its mooring
by a wind off the sea
like a seed dropped by a skybird
in a distant wood.
Who can say if i've been changed for the better?
But because i knew you
i have been changed for good.
Thanks for the present of your friendship.

4 comments:

Jolene George said...

I've been especially weepy lately too! The lyrics are so sweet. I'm thankful for your friendship too.

Susie Q said...

The lyrics are wonderful. I love *Wicked*. Great musical.

I too get weepy (And it is NOT just menopause!!) at so many things. Music really does me in...especially at this time of year.

I loved your last post so much. You have a wonderful way with words me darlin'!

Thank you for YOUR friendship!

Warm hugs,
Sue

Melissa said...

Thanks so much for being there, Valerie. You're one in a million!

Merry Christmas.

doodlebugmom said...

I am always weepy.

Thanks Valerie for being a friend too!

Merry Christmas!

Linda