Apr 29, 2007

there's mischief afoot!

there probably is somewhere.
but not here. i just like how it sounds and say it frequently at work.

today - barring any further unforseen circumstances, i shall finally go to the gospel brunch at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney, over by Disneyland.

i've been trying to go for the last five years or so. you'd think it wouldn't be so bloody hard: make reservations, go, eat, pay.

ha!

my friend Kristie and i originally planned on going for my 40th. in Vegas.

sweet.

we had a death in our family, and so we postponed. but, like so many things, it got pushed off to the side, rescheduled over and over. it just wasn't meant to be, apparently.

but not today.

today, Brendan, myself, Kristie, her kids and six of Kristie's friends will converge on the House and have some good Southern cooking (holy frejoles. GRITS!!!!!), perhaps a Bloody Mary (even if i'm not flying - i sometimes have one before i fly by myself someplace).

i'm so looking forward to it. it's just gonna be fun to dress girlie, hang with my Husband and good friends and eat good Southern food. oh and take pictures, naturally.

see ya, y'all.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I can't wait to see the pics. I just know you had a great time!

And, I'm so proud of you for taking care of your (emotional) health and picking and choosing what you put yourself through. We don't always get the opportunity to do that.