Aug 12, 2006

woooooooooo, Mexico...

i haven't really been, so i don't really know. wo-wo-wooooooo, Mexico. Guess i'll have to go now.

Lyrics courtesy of Sweet Baby James Taylor.

Why am i up so bloody early on a Saturday when i don't have to go to work?! Well, it's like this. i have been ejected from my own bed by my own family.

Do i snore? Youbetcha. But so does my husband. No, Gentle Reader, i have been evicted because Brendan & my furbaby are BEDHOGS.

It's not the first time this has happened. The husband in the middle of the bed. The cat stretched out between us. Me on my side with about 12 inches of bedspace for my 24 inch wide arse.

You get the picture.

And eventually sleeping in the same position on the same side where arthritis is developing..well..to hell with it. So, i'm up. Reading blogs.

Here's where this complaint about my arthritic arse becomes connected to James Taylor's song about Mexico.

Tara & her family went to Mexico recently and this a.m. posted pictures. It reminded me of the time years ago when B & i went down there to Rosarito Beach for a long weekend.

Yum.

We went with no agenda except to drink beer, eat lobster & carne asada & freshly made tortillas.
We succeeded on all counts.

We stayed where a girlfriend of mine always goes, and because we went off season, got an ocean-front room for way cheap. Took a drive down the coast (where we passed a Mexican soldier who was all of 17, carrying an AK-47) to a fishing village where we had a three pound lobster tail with GOOD rice & beans & again, home made tortillas for about $10. We were glad to pay it & they were glad to take it.

Yum. Yum. Yum.

Made me wish again that B worked a standard Monday-Friday shift/job, so we would have the entire weekend together, instead of just Sunday.

Made me wish i had taken off Monday.

Made me hungry. Made me wish for a vacation i can take where i don't have to dump my eyedrops before i get on the plane.

Way down here you need a reason to move
Feel a fool running your stateside games
Lose your load, leave your mind behind, baby james
Oh, mexico
It sounds so simple i just got to go
The sun's so hot i forgot to go home
Guess i'll have to go now

2 comments:

Krissy said...

I have the same problem: Man in bed, cats sprawled out at the foot and head of the bed. Makes for some sleepless nights.

doodlebugmom said...

my hubby works the night shift, and I hate to say it, but I love hogging the bed when he is gone. When he is there...i just poke him til he moves.

:o)