Sep 20, 2005

It's 1984...Again.

I'm having such an 80's moment. I've been hooked, line & sinkered into "Red Dawn."

Remember that movie? Yep, the first time Patrick Swazey & Jennifer Gray were in a film together (and you thought it was "Dirty Dancing").

This movie is completely hokey. And so filled with propaganda, being that it was in the middle of the Cold War. Yay America, Boo Everyone Else. That was the entire message (?) of that movie.

I remember seeing it for the first time in the theater, and being completely terrified that the movie's premise would actually happen. That we would be invaded by the communists.

What a dork i was back then...barely in my 20's. Hey, to me, "The Day After" was a news broadcast, not a made-for-TV movie.

Well, i'm older, but probably not much smarter.

Hey, at least i don't believe everything i read. Or see on TV.

1 comment:

Nutty4Disney said...

Enjoyed your blog. Isn't it fun to just put down your thoughts. Somehow I hate to journal in my scrapbooks, but I can write on and on in my blog.

Have fun.

Terri
www.mammascraps.blogspot.com