Sep 13, 2005

The First Cut Is The Deepest....

Well, it's official & has been blessed by insurance...back surgery is set for October. I got the word from my neurosurgeon today, they are removing a herniated disk that i injured last April. They sent a list of the pre-op tests i need completed before hand...wow-wow-wow-wow. Blood work, EKG, chest x-rays...then there's the post-op instructions...no showers until staples are removed IN 7 TO 10 DAYS!!!

Dang. That's a long time.

Then there's my Husband. Brendan will be taking a couple of days off, but i don't think he understands the stress i feel about having this surgery, not to mention the fun for afterwards: gotta lose weight.

OK - haven't we all at one time or another tried to lose? It's a drag. I'm just lazy. I'm pretty happy with myself; i like who i've become. I know it would be healthier for myself to lose weight. I know i'll live longer. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

I'll be off work for 6-8 weeks. Never been off work for that long, either. It will play havoc with our Thanksgiving plans. But, on the up side, this surgery has a 95% success rate. I'm looking so forward to not taking Vicaden every bloody day. I'm looking forward to going to bed & waking up in no pain. Brendan is looking forward to not having a grumpy wife. LOL.

So - in about a month, i should be in better shape.

If i can just handle the stress.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Found your blog through Creating Keepsakes. I too have a herniated disk, but Im seeing a chiropractor and hoping to avoid surgery. The first time I experienced pain from this was about two years ago. My disk is in a location that pushes on my siatic (sp) nerve. First time I was treated with injection shots because my toes were numb. Took care of it. This second time it happened, the shots didnt work. Im seeing the chiro now which is helping.

Good luck on your surgery.

Sonya