Jan 26, 2006

So if I'm overreacting,

i apologize.

but the day started off, well..weird. Not bad, just upsetting, i guess.

One of my compadres came up to me today & asked if our manager had asked me to apply for a supervisor position in another department.

Hear that? That clanging is the sound of my heart falling to China.

Turns out the manager had asked both of my compadres (we're all the same position, just different job functions) if they were going to apply. But not me.

Nothing like a smack to make me feel 9 years old and completely inadequate.

What the hell? Is there something wrong with me? Am i just so incompetent that i can never be considered for advancement? I've been with the company 18 years, and it took me 17 to finally get promoted.

Now before you start soapboxing, i do not expect to be promoted because of my tenure.

But i sure feel smacked down.

I don't know why i wasn't asked if i was going to apply. I also don't believe that even if i did ask, i would get a straight answer. My personal belief is this: my company has a habit of, if you excel at a job or function, you are there for life.

Everyone rises to the level of their own incompetence. Isn't that one of Murphy's Law?

At any rate...my feelers are hurt.

This year ain't starting out too good for me, emotionally. **sigh**

Enough of the pity party...we now return you to your regularly scheduled blog.

1 comment:

doodlebugmom said...

Awww Val. I am sorry this happened to you.

((Hugs))

Linda