Dec 10, 2005

steppin' out of my comfort zone...


one thing i will miss, when i go back to work, is being able to craft as long as i want.

such a chick thing. usually not in my makeup.

but i'm loving it.

made the box for everyone in my workgroup, embossed in front, tied with ribbon, made lightbulbs from Sizzix...filled 'em with candy.

the tag is also from Sizzix, paper pieced a snowman together, attached to a tag cut from tagboard, painted & even though you can't see it, sanded the edges for a distressed look. this is for the Sizzix Masterpiece contest. this is SO out of my comfort zone, entering a contest.

lastly, made some gift card holders. some for me, some for my mom.

not shown, but still big on my mind...i've entered Scrapworks' design team contest.

not sure why (ego, probably), but lately i've been feeling that what i've been doing is as good as what i've seen in CK or SS magazines.

i know this doesn't matter to many, but i'm just so damn proud of myself. stepping out of my comfort zone is pretty bloody big. especially for me.

of course, it would be soooooooooooooooo cool if i did win any of them. of course, i know the chances are probably not in my favor.

but i'll never know unless i try. and it's true that i could fail. but it's better to love & lost than never to have loved at all, right?

i'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

doodlebugmom said...

Good Luck with the Scrapworks Design thing! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I am loving your snowman tag :)

Linda :o)