makes me grumpy as hell.
i have no idea how it happens - we both fell asleep here in the living room, i woke up around 1am, and we stumbled into bed.
i wake up at 6-freaking-a.m. with about six inches of bedspace. Husband is laying across diagonally, with my furball of love next to him.
hmmmm - no wonder i have a stiff neck this a.m.
and lately - i've had a bad attitude. a couple of you know why, and yes, it's hard. i usually don't begrudge anyone their blessings, but i do when they don't see that it is a blessing and something to not take for granted.
so, i decided today, in a continuing effort to get myself out of the doldrums to list the good things i've got going on.
* i'm blessed with good friends - both in cyberland, in real life and in my own family. you are my touchstones and i don't tell you nearly enough how much you mean to me and what a blessing you are.
* i have a job, a car and a place to live. i don't have to rummage through garbage cans to get something to eat.
* even though we weren't blessed with babies of our own, i am fortunate beyond words that two of my nearest & dearest share their babies with me.
* scrapbooking. it brings two of my favorite pastimes together, photography & messing around, into one fun little package. i'll probably never get published. what i do isn't as wonderful as what i see in magazines. but it makes me happy. so to hades with the rest.
* in spite of stuff that has happened to me, i have good health. i'm not incapacitated physically or mentally. and i'm fortunate to be born when i was (even though i'm feeling oldern' a redwood), because i'm sure that with my back issues, even just 40 years ago, i would've had to just "live with it." but, because of modern medical technology, i don't have the daily pain i did.
so now it's your turn. tell me what you're grateful for. after all, it can't always be about me, right?