Feb 16, 2007

because i do enjoy reruns...

...and because i do stuff when i wanna (which gets me in SO much trouble), i decided to crash Melissa's par-tay, and do her 5 things i'll betcha didn't know about me.

which i've done before, but what the heck. i've got so many fears, foibles and freaky things that i could go on and on and on...
but then you might go on to another blog.

and after reading these, you may anyway.

1 - i have a terror of being inside a store after it's closed. seriously. i remember seeing an "ABC Movie of the Week" about someone locked in a store, and there were dogs. BIG dogs. dogs that liked the taste of blood.

2 - i do not like cooked vegetables. i'd rather eat 'em all raw.

3 - my favorite subject (besides creative writing) was art. love, love, loved it. i knew i wasn't talented that way, but i loved being creative. imagine my joy when i discovered i even had to take a class in college. i remember creating a cityscape in pencil, turning it in, and the professor leaving me a note: "hopefully you're not planning on a career in art." and that professor's name was...Simon Cowell.
just kidding.
i know it sounds harsh, but i wasn't hurt. i also know that i have no talent for drawing; i just like doing it.

4 - i'd rather smell a cup of coffee than drink it. go fig.

5 - always looking for my 15 minutes of fame, i've not only been Queen of the Circus, in Who's Who Among American High School Students, BUT i've been on "To Tell The Truth" as a contestant (so has Brendan). i was a world champion hog caller. came away with about a grand in cash, besides a year's supply of Rice-a-Roni, the San Francisco Treat.
just kidding about the Rice-a-Roni.

so who to tag?? i pick Allison and April AND Linda. yep - a trifecta. bring it on, girls.

5 comments:

doodlebugmom said...

Only 5? Narrowing it down is going to take some thought.

:o)

Allison said...

Mmm... I love the smell of coffee, but I can't drink it. Cappuccino, por favor.

Doug Bagley said...

Hog calling, now there's something useful that I learned while spending my summers on my grandparents' farm. Hog called a girl at school when a soph. and she slapped me, go figure. Thing was, she was a nice looking gal, lol.

Steff said...

I'm right there with you on #2 and #4!

And I think an explanation of Queen of the Circus is in order!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you decided to "crash" my party. I don't have the same hangups about being in a closed store - I guess because of "Night of the Comet," where the teens get to run around the mall when everyone else has been killed by a comet (or something). I think it would be fun to be in the store at night.

And a real live game show contestant! You're a celebrity!