from Steff. just to put you in a holiday frame of mind...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
gift bags, if i can swing it. i SO cannot wrap. my mom, however, can wrap the beegeebers out of everything. how come i didn't get that gene?
2. Real tree or Artificial?
real. all the way. even though i'm really allergic to pine trees, i still love 'em. i just try to not touch 'em.
3. When do you put up the tree?
it varies. the Husband likes to have it up as late as possible, especially since it's a live tree.
4. When do you take the tree down?
generally the week of New Year's. growing up, my Auntie Kay would leave the tree up until the 15th. that was her birthday. never mind that, until she decided to purchase an artificial tree, the tree was a complete fire hazard. a breeze would snap branches off.
5. Do you like eggnog? yum-o. non-alcoholic for me, thanks, and also eggnog ice cream.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
way too many. but probably my Suzy Homemaker oven. like the EasyBake. ah, how many crappy chocolate cakes did i force my family to eat?
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
we have two. one we got as a Christmas gift and the other is a cute femo clay set
8. Hardest person to buy for?
the Husband. he buys what he wants.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
all the kids in my life.
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received?
11. Mail or email Christmas card?
mail. but i have been known to email 'em, too.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
A Christmas Story. you'll shoot your eye out, kid.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
all the time. especially if i find something i KNOW someone else would like.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
i'll take the Fifth on that one.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
ev-ery-thing. which is why my bum is the size of New York City.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
colored on the tree. heck, i love Christmas lights - no matter what they are.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Angels We Have Heard on High
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
every other year, we go to the sister's for Christmas. so when we're home, it's Christmas Eve at my mom's (because she cannot wait to open gifts. seriously.), we have our own Christmas morning, then will have dinner (courtesy of Knott's) at mom's.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeers?
you know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen/Comet and Cupid and Richard M. Nixon. wait...wrong song?
20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star?
a star i bought for our first Christmas together.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
gifts at my mom's on Christmas eve. stockings Christmas morning. and when we're home we have our Christmas on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing(s) about this time of year?
people in the mall. grrrrr...