Oct 13, 2007

it's raining again...

rain. it's kind of an anomaly here in the Land of Fruits and Nuts. and i am convinced that it's the latent Oregonian blood slugging through my veins, that makes me love this kind of weather.

i would be happy doing nothing else but sitting and staring out the window. but that would make me some kind of weirdo.

bwa-hahahahahahaha!!!

and a grand day it is, too.

i see a light at the end of the tunnel. i don't believe it to be either a train or a drunk with his high beams on. today is a new day and dammit - it's got to be better.

and it will.



sorry to say - my friend lost her mom late Thursday night. no idea if her mom came out of it to say anything. i do hope so - otherwise, my poor girlie will be spending the rest of her life wishing of things she could've said.

it makes me grateful for the good relations i do have with my parents. and, after living with the insanity i did as a kid, with both my uncle and aunt.

which, believe me, is several posts for another day after day after day...

not to be cryptic, and not that i had a horrible childhood, but it's just a good reminder that while your past forms who you are, it doesn't have to still be a part of your daily life.

there's a reason why it's called your past.

ramble on, child. ramble. on.

so. i stole, er...borrowed this from Tug. i know it's still a meme, but it is different. help yourself.
and try to not fall asleep during it...if you haven't already.




What kind of SOAP is in your bathtub right now? Dial Antibacterial soap. good for the hands, good to clean my lil' nose stud.
Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? nope. unfortunately. love me some watermelon!
What would you change about your living room? more room. apartments aren't exactly known for their spaciousness...although i still think my apartment is larger than my mom's house.
Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? clean. and needing to be put away.
What is in your fridge? what is this - torture? why am i doing this again? milk, eggs, cheese, cheese and cheese. two bottles of wine, three bottles of beer. leftovers too numerous to mention. limeade. crystal light raspberry ice. microwave bacon. and a tub of chocolate chip cookie dough.
What is on top of your refrigerator? mixing bowls and a wok.
What color or design is your shower curtain? clear. but printed are the words "Objects are sexier than they appear." kidding. it really does say "It's All About Me."
but i do like the idea of "...sexier than they appear."
How many plants are in your home right now? only a container of kitty grass for Elvis.
pathetic, isn't it?
Is your bed made right now? nope. it's still got a lump of man in it.
How many pillows do you sleep with? 2. No matter where i am, i need two.
Do you sleep with any lights on at night? occasionally the night light in the bathroom.
when i remember to turn it on.
Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? yep. it says "Wrong Address. No One Here By That Name. Witness Protection Agency."
Chore you hate doing the most? cleaning tub, toilet and sinks. bleah. HATE the feeling
of Comet on my hands.
Any retro items are in your home? besides the Husband and myself? oh yeah. several toys off eBay from my childhood. and we won't being to discuss the era my clothes are from.
Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? oh yeah. right under Brendan's pillow. i figure that way i've got a chance to get out the window and run like hell.
What does your home smell like right now? like someone (me) needs to clean the litter box. sorry.
Ever been on your roof? not here. but used to climb up on my aunt's growing up. cannot imagine how many heart attacks i've given my mom.
In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip? man. i think the plan is, Husband grabs cat and laptop, Wife grabs camera, as many scrapbooks as my back can handle, and my purse. is it OK if i don't have to try it in real life?