- cleaning house. why yes, i DID hit my head this morning. how did you know?
- grocery shopping (i do love grocery shopping. it's a sickness).
- getting dishes washed.
- talking to my sister in law AND my niece in one fun filled, animal impression (courtesy of the four year old) conversation.
- baking banana bread. i love that it's cool enough to have the oven on.
- renting Blades of Glory. dumb. sometimes funny, but mostly dumb.
- thinking of napping. yum, yum, yum.
- watching CSI season three on DVD.
- looking again at the airline tickets for Thanksgiving in Reno.
- having the Niece ask when you're coming to see her, and, after telling her it's in November, hearing her gasp of delight as she says, "Mommy!! she's coming in November!"
and some not-so-fun things to do on a vacation day:
- sneeze so hard your ear pops.
- putting freshly washed dishes away.
- realizing after you've gone grocery shopping that you FORGOT MUSHROOMS. THAT WERE ON YOUR GROCERY LIST. THAT YOU READ WHILE HAVING YOUR TRIFOCALS ON. apparently i need a brain scan.
- realize that your vacation day is almost over and tomorrow is back to reality. uggh.
- my ear aches now. dagnabbit.
and one final thought...
as i left today for the grocery store, the plumbers were visiting the complex, replacing a toilet. they had to move their truck so i could get out. and this is what i saw stenciled on the back of their truck -
"Your S**t is our Bread and Butter."
ya gotta admit, it's catchy. you just can't make this crap up.
pun fully intended.