Nov 6, 2006

Guilty, Guilty, Guilty!

So today - i'm off to jury duty.

Woo-hoo.

i'm not a big fan of it...it hearkens back to the days of me as a SingleGirl when jury duty meant spending a whole bloody week driving back & forth to downtown L.A.

That sucked.

But, since getting married & moving to our current locale, i gotta admit, i love the "one day/one trial" situation. (of course, just after i did get married, L.A. changed over to the one day/one trial, too.) i also love that i don't have to drive 30 miles/40 minutes(or longer depending on L.A. traffic) to jury duty, only about 15-20 minutes to the courthouse.

(You can also add this to my Things i Will Never Understand list: why in the world was i always sent to downtown L.A., when there was a perfectly good court in my then hometown - again, only 15-20 minutes away?!)

And, thanks to the wackos out there, who feel it's truly better to shoot/stab their attorney/soon to be ex/whatever. Thanks for being koo-koo enough to keep me from bringing embroidery scissors to court. No needlework for me. So i'm bringing a backpack with a couple of new magazines and a new book that i should finish today.

Oh, and if you're reading this, and have a court date today where they are choosing your jury...watch out for the redhead with an attitude.

(p.s. - before you start sending me nasty emails/comments - let me just say: of course i believe one is innocent until proven guilty. yes, i want impartial jurors if i were on trial. i've served on juries before, and the System works - albeit slowly. i just don't like going.)

3 comments:

Tracey Odachowski said...

Totally laughing over the embroidery scissors comment!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Loved the guilty guilty guilty blog title. LOL!!! I have never done jury duty. I was asked back when I have 5 kids all under the age of 10. They let me out of it. :o)
Still Jolene that blogger choses not to recognize. :o)

Melissa said...

Ok, so I tried to comment this morning, but Blogger gave me some crank message about my cookie functionality being disabled. Whatever that means.

Anyway, I've only been called to jury duty once, last spring. I didn't get picked, but I did get my $35 for showing up - oh, and I took a half a vacation day from work, so I got paid twice!