so. let's recap, shall we?
* no update on B's job.
* the truck has been totalled by his insurance. however, AAA hasn't even heard about this claim. hmmmm...
(and this has nothing to do with him, but...)
*THREE MORE DAYS TILL KEITH!!! THREE MORE DAYS TILL KEITH!!!!
* have i mentioned how cool the Husband can be sometimes, especially when it comes to my 'needing to craft' obsession?
ok. i'll explain. i found a recipe online for making headache balm. some Shea butter, olive oil and beeswax, along with lavender oil, melted, pour into metal tins. then when a headache comes your way, rub some into your temples, and breathe deeply.
i have some headache oil like this. it works. so, my brilliant idea was - hey! let's make these for Christmas presents!!
and yes, i am well aware that it's only March.
so - yesterday, in a lot of running around anyway, B decided to take me to a health food store for the Shea butter. no luck. but, amazingly Bath & Body Works had 100% Shea butter in stock.
and today, while he's looking at greasy car parts and other man based smelly things at the Pomona car swap meet, i'll be here. making headache balm.
or other crafty things.
now - you may be wondering what-in-the-name-of-all-that-is-holy-does-all-of-that-have-to-do-with-the-80's (as my title infers)?
well, Becky had this on her little corner of the internet. i thought it was cool. then i realized how dang old i am...and even was back in the freaking 80s.
here. enjoy. and feel free to use.
1. How old were you in 1980? 18
2. How old were you in 1989? gah. 27.
3. Were you a Toys R' US Kid?um, no...i was a Tuffskins kid.
4. Did you watch Transformers? Nope.
5. Did you see E.T. on the big screen? no, and i don't know why!
6. Did you own a Lite Bright? no dang it. i was deprived as a child. deprived, i tells ya!
7. Who is your Favorite Golden Girl? Sophia. (me too. i always liked a smartass)
8. When someone says "Who you gonna call?" you think? GHOSTBUSTERS!
9. What was/were your favorite toy(S)? being an older teenager, probably 45s.
10. Did you have a Pogo Ball? huh? whaz that?
11. Did you listen to New Kids on the Block? thank heavens no. i did, however, listen to the Go-Gos and Pat Benetar
12. What New Kid did you have a crush on? what's a New Kid?
13. Did you play M.A.S.H? oh boy. 'come on, guys! let's play dress up and doctor all at once!'
14. Did you watch The Care Bears? nope. but i did watch Disney's Gummi Bears. oh wait. that was the 90s.
15. Did you have Jelly bracelets? um, no. but i did have at least three different pairs of jelly shoes. which i saw again in Target. yesterday.
16. Did you own a glo-worm? wait. this is a family blog and i don't go in for those shenanigans. what? oh. never mind.
17. Did you ever own a slap bracelet? i think i did.
18. The Breakfast Club or Sixteen Candles? neither. 'Hiding Out.'
19. Did you have a crazy hair style? um. of course. and no you cannot see it.
20. What was your first bike? dagnabbit, it was back in the 60's and it was a red Schwinn
21. Name one thing you still own from your childhood? it's the doll from my Liddle Kiddle locket. and it looks 40 some years old.
22. Did you have a Cabbage Patch Kid? oh yeah. rotten wench that i am, i bought one to torment my then boyfriend's mother with. 'Mrs. Clarkson! wanna see your grandchild?!'
23. Did you dress like Madonna? nah. i'm wasn't slutty enough back then.
24. Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake? Strawberry Shortcake. i like toys that smell good.
25. Did you watch Miami Vice? sometimes.
26. Did you own a pair of Jelly Shoes? see #15. they did, however, REALLY make your feet sweat.
27. Did you own a Trapper Keeper? oh yeah. those rocked!
28. Atari or Nintendo? Atari. i bought it myself. i had Frogger AND a Journey 'Don't Stop Believin' video game.
29. Did you play Pac-Man? yep. and i sucked at it, too.
30. Which was better? Nintendo DS. what? wrong decade?
31. He-Man or She-Ra? i'll take She-Rag - Princess of PMS
32. What movie scared you the most? hmmmm. i don't remember seeing any scary movies then.
33. Did you try to dance like Michael Jackson? ummmm, no.
34. What Is The First Thing That Comes To Mind When You Hear "Flux Capacitor"? "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit." (me, too, Becky! that and some really scary hair on Doc)
35. What other colors did Pepsi come in? clear. never drank it. i'm a Coke girl.
36. Roger Rabbit Or Howard The Duck? p-p-p-p-p-please! Roger rules.
37. Did you ever beg your parents to have your school picture taken with the 'LASER' background? thank heavens, no.
38. Do you know what the Ninja Rap is? do i want to know?
39. Do you know why people cringe when they hear the word BUCKNER? no. i am SO old.
40. Can you name the family members from National Lampoons Vacation movies? Clark, Ellen, Rusty, Audrey, Aunt Edna, Cousin Eddie and the dog who peeded on everything.
41. WallyWorld or Europe? has to be WallyWorld - it was filmed @ Magic Mountain about 40 minutes from Long Beach, where i grew up. (but now, i'd rather go to Europe. just not with the Griswalds)
42. What was your favorite movie from the 80's? see #18. i loved Jon Cryer then. now, well, not so much.
your turn. have fun! i have headache balm to make.