May 2, 2006

Ever been sooo sick...

That you realize you could die?

then, the Drama Queen part of you backs off, and you realize, much to your horror:
"i'm gonna live through this."

holy crap.

ah, such was the drama going around my place last night. And yes, i was the Drama Queen.

i think it all started with my lunch yesterday - we have a cafeteria at work, and, in keeping with my WW standards (such as they are), i ordered a veggie sammich and got myself a salad from the salad bar.

the sammich was a total Dagwood creation (remember him from the comic Blondie? He used to create mile high sandwiches), chock full of mushrooms, olives, lettuce, spinach, avocado...yummers.

but about half way through, i noticed the avocado was, well...Brown. Actually, a brownish-gray. But, not being a panicker, i assumed, it's because no one sprinkled lemon juice on it. 'sides, it tasted OK...

as the afternoon progressed, i felt a little bloated. No biggie - the sammich also had cucumber on it, and that does affect me that way. Just pop a few Maalox, and we'll be on our way.

being that Monday is my Hubs' Sunday, he was home, so off to dinner we went. We have an Old Spaghetti Factory just a few miles from us, and i would so rather go there than some of our fancier Italian restaurants. yummers. But, in spite of my quite yummy chicken marsala, i couldn't even eat half of it. i felt nauseous and just icky.

so, off to Walgreen's to get more Maalox.

i won't gross you out with the details, just suffice it to say that i was awake all night, tossing, turning, and chills. Ended up with two flannel rag quilts on top of my bedspread AND blanket. At one point during the night, it occurred to me that i could die like this.

then i realized...ohhhhhh nooooooooooooo. You'll live through this. Every single second of hell.

So here i am at home. Drinking more water than is humanly possible. The thought of food makes my stomach churn.

But on the bright side - this will do wonders for my diet.

No comments: